Sunday, June 27, 2004

Fahrenheit 911-letter to regal

Regal CineMedia Corp.
9110 East Nichols Avenue, Suite 200
Centennial, CO 80112

Phone: 303-792-3600
Fax: 865-922-3188

Dear Sir or Madam:

I am writing this letter as a patron of Regal Cinemas and as a concerned citizen to ask that Regal Cinemas release Fahrenheit 9/11 in {insert town or city here} as soon as possible. For months, I, along with a large segment of my community, have anticipated the June 25th release of this important documentary. When I learned that Regal Cinemas did not schedule a release date for my community cinema, I was greatly disappointed.

Fahrenheit 9/11, whether you agree with its message or not, is a landmark film. All Americans were impacted by the events of September 11, 2001-and a movie which won the Golden Palms Award for Best Film at the Cannes Festival deserves a wide release. It is critical that members of our community, who were all impacted by 9/11, be given access to the movie without having to drive a couple of hundred miles or wait for the DVD.

In closing, I congratulate Regal Cinemas for having the courage to screen the movie in several theatres across the country and I urge you to bring it to my community as soon as possible. Please make this film available so that we have the choice to either watch it or not; do not abrogate our freedom of choice.

Sincerely,

{ }


cc:
dgurin@regalcinemas.com
mcampbell@regalcinemas.com
amiles@regalcinemas.com
gdunn@regalcinemas.com
pbrandow@regalcinemas.com
barry.brown@regalcinemas.com
rwinograd@regalcinemas.com
robbya@regalcinemas.com
kevink@regalcinemas.com
ddelaria@regalcinemas.com

No comments: