Saturday, April 26, 2008

Read this morning about a 60-something year old man who got killed by a great white off the coast of San Diego while ocean swimming with a group of fellow triathletes. Not the way I'm sure he expected he would go. I would like to learn more about this man, doing what I would so like to be doing, as I walked outside for the first time in several months without feeling any cold.

Guess I can't move to California. Way too many sharks there.

I worked probably 60 hours this week, got paid for 50 of them, and now I have to wonder about whether I say the right things to get a raise.

It's all rigged against me, I tell you.

Woke up yesterday and got a speeding ticket about a half-mile from my driveway. In a school zone. Which doubly fucks up both my driving record and the amount of fine I will pay. The peach fuzzy cop looked kind of annoyed when I had the gall to ask him to show me the radar gun that said I was doing 40 in the 20.

He had to get somewhere, I think.


Watched Before the Devil Knows You're Dead last night. I've gotta say, one of the better movies I've seen in awhile. PSH, EH and Marisa Freakin Tomei showed a few things about acting, great script and directed by Sidney Lumet. It worked for me because of the interaction between siblings.

Each of the characters has a reason for doing what otherwise would be horrible acts against family members.

This morning my brother called at 8:15 a.m. just to leave a message that he had already rode his bike to Pilot Butte and run up to the top. He's going to have paternity leave! from his teaching job in a week and said he would be working out everyday sometimes twice! Good luck beating me in the Deschutes Dash, he said.

I am not interested in triathlon training, I thought to myself, still lying in bed on this glorious sun kissed day. I'm going to run tomorrow.

Message to self: Marisa Tomei. Thank you.

No comments: